Alvin's Art Class in Auckland
(2019 TERM Three OPEN TO ENROLL SOON)
After more then 8 years teaching Kids & Adults and organising different art activities both nationally and internationally, Alvin Xiong decided to offer his Drawing Class & Painting Class around Auckland in 2018!
Before Alvin got his Master of Fine Arts at Elam School of Fine Arts, he had been trained in the top professional Guangzhou Academy of Fine Arts in China majoring oil painting since 2003 and gained his Bachelors's Degree.
He organised and run the workshops of Old Master Painting Techniques for academy students and professional artist in overseas plus visiting the top museums in Europe to get a further deep study in front of the physical master pieces in 2010 and 2011, which becomes a very popular and successful class both in academic and public environment in China. These classes not only benefit art students, art lovers but also the professional artists.
So, in Auckland, Alvin's Art Classes will focus on teaching realistic drawing and painting techniques. All the classes include sharing experience, summary the tips from the difficult theories, quick demonstration, etc.. In the class, any art question would be always welcome and would be clearly explained until the student understand the purpose of the technique or the theory.
student works Online Gallery
please click the buttons below
ALVIN'S CLASS MAP IN AUCKLAND
* Please contact the Art Centre to enroll the class as early as possible, few spaces left in Term Two 2019...
Uxbridge Art Centre
- Realistic Drawing Class (Sat. 10am - 12:30pm)
- Realistic Drawing Class (Fri. 10am - 12:30pm)
- Realistic Portrait Oil Painting (Tues. 7pm - 9:30pm)
- Art Class in Mandarin & Cantonese (Tues. 9:30am - 12:00pm)
- Art Class in Mandarin & Cantonese (Tues. 12:45pm - 3:15pm)
more info: http://uxbridge.org.nz
Nathen Homestead Art Centre
- Realistic Drawing Class (Mon. 7:15pm - 9:15pm)
Mairangi Arts Centre
- Realistic Drawing Class (Wed. 1pm - 3:30pm)
- Realistic Portrait Oil Painting (Mon. 1pm - 3:30pm)
more info: https://mairangiarts.co.nz
Lake House Art Centre
- Realistic Drawing Class (Wed. 9:30am - 12pm) No class on Term Three & Term Four 2019
more info: http://www.lakehousearts.org.nz
Studio One in Ponsonby
- Realistic Drawing Class (Mon. 9:30am - 12pm) Start from Term 3 2019
- Realistic Drawing Class (Thur. 9:30am - 12pm)
- Realistic Portrait Oil Painting (Thur. 1pm - 3:30pm)
more info: http://www.studioone.org.nz
'We attended Alvin’s classes as a group and started with the basics, which Alvin explained to us in detail and with individual attention. We all took something valuable from the classes and I, for one, was surprised and pleased at my progress over the weeks I attended. A big thanks to Alvin for going out of his way and creating a bespoke class for us.'
- Brett Sanders, Design Team Manager, Design Studio Communication & Engagement, 2018
'I have been taking the Portrait Painting class with Alvin Xiong for 2 terms and have found I have learnt so much in that time. I now feel confident to try more difficult portraits under his excellent tuition. We have learnt very strong basics which can be applied to all portraits. Thankyou Alvin for inspiring me to paint portraits with confidence.'
- Amanda Gleason, student at Uxbridge Art Centre, 2018
'As someone with a keen interest in developing my artistic abilities I was incredibly impressed with Alvin’s knowledgeable and patient approach. His depth of understanding of the basic skills and his innate ability to convey their importance to his students enabled real progress to be made. I cannot recommend Alvin highly enough as a tutor and guide.'
- Martin Fryer, student at Nathan Homestead Art Centre, 2018